Introduction & Essential Elements: Connection & Sensing
Learn about the science of proprioception, then experience it. Science comes alive as you explore the incredible effectiveness of working WITH the body's self-correcting reflexes and WITH the client. This workshop trains students in the essential touch of deep self-correction, such as how much pressure to use, how to sense and engage the client's self-correction; how to elicit feedback from clients when needed, especially important for clients with debilitating pain. (Available as Home Study Course with hands-on application in class)
Phase 4 (includes 1-4): Positions of comfort, related to structural imbalances, release stress and tension in muscles, fascia, ligaments and tendons by stimulating the body's self-corrective reflexes, often in as little as 10-30 seconds. When the tension is released in this way, the body restores its natural alignment. Function, circulation and overall well-being arise from the inside-out.
These techniques help relieve all kinds of joint pain, muscular pain, fascial pain, referred pain, tingling and problems related to nerve impingement; increase range of motion and flexibility; speed recovery from injury; as well as promote deep, restorative relaxation and stress relief, which is so important to health, prevention of illness and to longevity.
In-depth training includes: 1) principles of self-healing responses, 2) anatomy review, 3) assessments, 4) demonstration and step-by-step review of release, re-pattern and integration techniques, 5) ample time for hands-on practice by participants, giving and receiving the work, 6) discussion and question and answer, 7) body mechanics to help the therapist maintain ease in their own body while helping clients.
Additionally, in each workshop we will discuss how to integrate new techniques with modalities you use in your work eeryday and how to adapt new techniques to each person's individual needs. Work received in class often goes a long way to alleviateparticipants' chronic body issues. Put new skills to work for you the next day.
Spine & Pelvis (includes Neck):
- Four ways to release the psoas without causing pain, a significant factor in low back pain and posture
- Self-care for the psoas, the fight-flight-or freeze stress reaction, essential for chronic tension
- Soft tissue tension release and mobilization of each vertebra of the spine, including every vertebra in the neck, thoracic and lumbar spine
- Balance the pelvis, including mobilization for each ilium, the sacrum and coccyx
- Releases important to alleviate sciatic pain, scoliosis, and to relieve and prevent headaches
- The relationship of spine and pelvis to endocrine function.
Ribs & Ribcage:
- Determine when muscular tension and hard to detect pain patterns in the back are caused by rib misalignment and how to alleviate it
- Free restrictions in the upper and lower ribcage, including sternum and diaphragm
- Individual ribs, including raised rib, depressed rib, most common imbalances of 1st and 3rd ribs and their importance to carpal tunnel, freeing the breath, and overall well-being
- Release imbalances that contribute to thoracic outlet problems, restricted breathing, carpal tunnel & others
- The importance of the neck, ribcage and thoracic outlet in alleviating problems felt in the upper extremities will also be addressed.
- Eight tension points important to the structural integrity of shoulder and restoration of function after injury
- Mobilize and align the joints of shoulder and arm, including scapulae, clavicle, elbow, (including tendonitis/
osis, tennis elbow and golf elbow), wrist and entire hand (important to carpal tunnel), including carpals, metacarpals, phalanges and each digit of each finger.
- Release the forearm muscles without causing pain ("aaahhh," massage therapists)
- Release imbalances in the clavicle and scapula that contribute to thoracic outlet problems, carpal tunnel & others
- The importance of the neck, ribcage and thoracic outlet in alleviating problems felt in the upper extremities will also be discussed, as time allows.
- Internal / external femur rotation Four ways to release the psoas without causing pain
- Release and rebalance patella
- Structural alignment for femur /tibia, including override / underride, lateral shear, internal/external rotation,
meniscus, periosteal knee points including the master knee point
- Rebalance the fibula
- Restore tibia/talus alignment, calcaneous/talus alignment (important to a wide range of foot problems)
- Release tension in the the lateral and horizontal arches of the foot, and every bone in the foot
- Discuss relationship of low back pain, sciatic pain and unstable pelvis to imbalances in the leg and foot.
"Hi Ann - Just wanted to share a success story... I saw a regular client yesterday.. a mechanic with chronic shoulder pain. He is also a musician and has trouble with stiff swollen hands from his mechanic work. I did the whole set of shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand releases on the left side and not only was he aligned and pain free, his swollen left hand quickly went down to normal size...something I've never seen on him before. He wiggled his newly flexible fingers, compared his left hand size to his right hand size and was amazed... (me too, this stuff really works)"
-- B.B. Massage Therapist - IL
Pre-requisite: Everyone is welcome.
Introduction & Essential Elements is often available as a Home Study Course to be complted before the workshop; or a previous Ortho-Bionomy workshop, or permission of instructor.
Contact: 312-280-1070- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with WORKSHOP in subject line.
May 10-11, 2018
Introduction & Essential Elements
May 10, 2018, 9am-1pm
4 NCTMB CE Hours | 4 Ortho-BIonomy program units
Alignment & Balance for The Lower Extremities - MAX 16 students
May 10-11, 2018, 2:15-6pm and 9am-1pm
8 NCTMB CE Hours | 8 Ortho-BIonomy program units
Pre-requisite: Introduction & Essential ELements, May 10 or previously.
May 11, 3-6pm
3 units Ortho-Bionomy
Location: Virginia Beach Massage Center for Pain Free Living, 1645 Laskin Rd, Suite 104.
NOTE: Participants who have completed an Ortho-Bionomy Phase 4 workshop may choose to waive the Introduction & Essential Elements portion, subtract $75 and arrive at 2:15 on May 10.
$245 if paid in full 5 weeks prior for all 12 hours | $275 less than 5 weeks before.
$170 if paid in full
5 weeks prior for 8 hours | $195 less than 5 weeks before.
+ $60 Early | $75 later if you want to participate in the Study Group - honing skills, client cases and cunundrums, the Practitioner Program, and Q & A based on students questions.
Register Now. Space is limited, reserve your spot. Your registration indicates agreement with refund policies and early registration discounts as outlined on the registration webpage.
July 14-16, 2018
Alignment & Balance for the Spine, Pelvis & Ribcage - MAX 16 students
July 14-15, 2018, 9am-6pm
16 NCTMB CE Hours | 16 Ortho-BIonomy program units
Pre-requisite: Introduction & Essential ELements, May 10, 2018, previously or add the Home Study Course to your registration. Home Course will be emailed, to be completed before the workshop.
Dr. Chapman's Neurolymphatic Reflexes - Group 1 (link for info)
Resolve Sciatica and Colon Issues
July 16, 2018, 9am-6pm
Pre-requisite: Alignment & Balance for the Spine, Pelvis & Ribcage, July 14-15 or previously.
$325 if paid in full 5 weeks prior for 16 hours | $375 less than 5 weeks before.
NEW STUDENTS | $415 | includes $40 for Home Study Course, 4 CE | 4 units.
Register now. Space is limited, reserve your spot. Your registration indicates agreement with refund policies and early registration discounts as outline on the registration webpage.
If you have questions about the workshop content or Practitioner Training, contact Ann at 312-280-1070 or email: email@example.com with workshop in the subject line.