No pre-requisites. A wonderful first workshop for people new to Ortho-Bionomy®
Pssst..... This is not anything like a dance class. Hands-on manual therapy | bodywork is performed with the client resting on a massage table. Standing and walking (gait) patterns are also included in this two-day workshop.
As bodyworkers, including Massage Therapists and Physical Therapists, we use movement in our work everyday. With a shift in focus and skills gained in this workshop, you can transform simple movements into an invaluable part of every session -- and make an immediate and powerful shift in your assessments, releases and results. Many students say skills and techniques learned in this class are the easiest to integrate with modalities they use everyday. Clients love it!
The entire body will be covered. Body mechanics to help the practitioner is emphasized throughout the workshop.
Develop your skill to recognize and palpate the inherent and preferred movement patterns of joints, muscles, fascia as well as whole body movement patterns. Observe, demonstrate and experience how movement can be used to:
• Assess where to work in seconds,
• Release stuck, stubborn areas,
• Free the body of restrictions and pain,
Demonstrate expanded range and freedom of movement,
• Re-pattern and integrate improvements achieved for deep, long-lasting benefit,
• Increase circulation, lymph and energy flow with ease,
• Create connection throughout the body and improve coordination, flexibility and fluidity,
• Give clients a positive, “alive” feeling in their bodies and enhance physical presence,
• Add a fun, effective, and dynamic element to your work that is easy on the practitioner and client.
• New skills can easily be integrated withother modalities you use everyday.
A few spontaneous comments from students made at the conclusion of this workshop:
“I didn’t realize how much movement can add to a session. My client was on Cloud Nine.” A.V. LMT-IL
“I’m starting to sense what’s happening in the body so much more!” J.N. LMT-IL
“The increase in range of motion from that technique was remarkable.” A.B. LMT-IL
“After only one class, (Movement Patterns) I’m doing things with clients that I never would have considered doing before. The results are great. In a matter of minutes I know where the client needs work. I can hardly wait to learn more.” C.W. LMT-IL
"This class allowed me to feel a completeness about releases that were occurring in my own body. The releases opened up a range of movement in one area then expanded to release another area and then integrated with more movement. The freedom I now feel in my body is complete and 'sealed'. I feel great!" Pattie, Glen Allen, VA